To our valued restaurants and partners,
I am proud to announce that LevelUp is officially part of the Grubhub family. Of course, with any acquisition comes questions on how it will affect the way things operate. So let's start there: The best parts of LevelUp are staying the same and will be strengthened with our combination with Grubhub.
- The team you know and love will continue to be based here in Boston, focused on your goals day-in and day-out. As part of Grubhub, LevelUp will have the resources to double down on our R&D, recruitment and other efforts to ensure that we continue to outperform every other provider in the space and deliver the absolute market-leading experience for you.
- We've always sought to form strategic partnerships that provide unique advantages to our clientele, and will continue to do so. Part of the value in the LevelUp platform is its interoperability with a wide range of POS, ordering, payments, and other technology partners, enabling our clients unlimited flexibility in working with the vendors they choose.
- Our Agency services—delivering bespoke web and app experiences, the best performance in the industry, and rich analytics/insights and loyalty consulting—will continue exactly as always, but now with new functionality, including the ability to offer integrated delivery through Grubhub.
I've always believed that the correct solution for restaurants is to balance their owned, and non-owned channels, to maximize guest engagement. LevelUp and Grubhub combined will mean that you have the best platform for engaging guests in your owned (web and app) channels, but you also have the opportunity to take advantage of one of the largest third-party food marketplaces in the country. Together, we will provide the complete guest engagement solution to our restaurant partners.
I know that as part of Grubhub, LevelUp will be able to deliver on our promises in bigger and better ways than ever before. I also know that there are likely a number of questions about what this announcement means for our partners. To that end, we’ve put together a quick FAQ with answers to some questions which you can check out below. If you have other questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact your account manager.
We’re excited about this next step in the LevelUp story and hope you are too.
Stay tuned for more,
If you don't see your questions answered below, please email email@example.com or contact your account manager, and we'll get back to you right away
Is LevelUp going away?
Not at all! In fact, quite the opposite. LevelUp will continue to operate in the market as LevelUp as a part of the Grubhub family. Our team is also staying here in the same offices in Boston. The service we provide you today is not only sticking around for the long-term, but it will get bigger and better in ways that are only possible with the backing of a $10 billion public company that is one of the largest players in the food ordering and delivery sector.
Does this mean my restaurant has to sign up for Grubhub to continue using LevelUp?
As always, we will support our restaurants in working with their preferred vendors. That being said, there are definitive reasons to become a part of the Grubhub family, and over time, are excited to showcase the unique and valuable aspects of this partnership for your business.
Can I keep working my preferred partners and vendors, and also LevelUp?
Absolutely. LevelUp continues to support our many, many integrations and partners. It's a complex, multi-vendor world out there, and we want to help you manage it.
Do I still own my loyalty program customers?
Yes, you still own all of your customer data. Nothing about your contractual data-privacy agreements with LevelUp changes.
Will I start being charged a commission on all my LevelUp orders?
Nothing about your existing contract with LevelUp is changing. If you choose to use Grubhub as a Broadcast channel on LevelUp, the normal Grubhub commission will apply, just like if you worked with Grubhub (or any other delivery provider) directly.
Will I still get to work with my account manager? I love her/him!
Yes, of course. The LevelUp team you know and love isn't going anywhere.
Are your fees/rates changing as part of this acquisition?
Will I still have access to the LevelUp Hub, or should I use the Grubhub for Restaurants Dashboard?
You'll still have access to the LevelUp Hub, which will continue to get better and better. If you're using Grubhub as well, you'll see your orders in the Grubhub Dashboard also, but using our integration, we should be able to help you get these orders directly to your POS in the future.
What are some of the benefits of this announcement that I can expect?
The benefits you can expect in the future are significant and will grow our deep partnership:
- Grubhub will represent another significant, third-party channel to access through our integrated Broadcast offering alongside existing channels like Google, Yelp, Chase Pay and more. Menus will be updated in real-time on Grubhub from your POS/ordering provider and orders inserted directly into your POS.
- Together, Grubhub and LevelUp will provide your restaurants with a powerful customer acquisition and guest engagement combination.
- LevelUp can now power in-store payments, loyalty, CRM and ordering for pickup and soon integrated white-labeled delivery using Grubhub’s drivers.
- And much much more over time.